There is a lot of Flip Flopping Going around lately. Those words against Bush are coming back to bite Democrats who are supporting the Presidents attack on Libya. There are those to who where for the Attacks on Iraq, that are now are now against Obama’s actions.
We have as Media Matters like to say an “Epic Fail” as then Senator Biden was all over Bush for by passing Congress in his military action. Biden was upset that Bush only got a United Nations and Congressional Resolution. He wanted more. Now, as VP is all for action in Libya even without a resolution from Congress.
It is fun to watch the political gymnastics. I give Biden a 9.75
In 2007, then Sen. Joe Biden appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball and said launching an attack without congressional approval is an impeachable offense. This flashback comes on the heels of Obama launching an attack on Libya without congressional approval.
I want to stand by that comment I made. The reason I made that comment is a warning. The reason, I don’t say those things lightly, Chris, you’ve known me for a long time. I was chairman of the Judiciary committee for 17 years or its ranking member. I teach separation of powers and constitutional law. This is something I know. So I got together and brought a group of Constitutional scholars together and write a piece I’m going to deliver to the whole United States Senate in pointing out the president has no Constitutional authority to take this nation to war against a country of 70 million people unless we’re attacked, or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. If he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that– but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that- I don’t say it lightly, I don’t say it lightly.
via Big Government.
Then out on the Campaign Trail in 2007 he had this to say
- BIDEN FLASHBACK: Launching an Attack Without Congressional Approval is an Impeachable Offense (biggovernment.com)
- Joe Biden: War Without Congressional Approval Warrants Impeachment (Video) (gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com)
- Could Obama be Impeached over Libya? Let’s ask Joe Biden (tomhuff.wordpress.com)
- Biden: We should impeach presidents who launch attacks without Congressional approval (hotair.com)
- Joe Biden: Impeach a President Who Takes Us to War Against a Nation That Didn’t Attack Us (michellemalkin.com)
- Biden: Obama should be impeached for attacking Libya without Congressional approval (crushliberalism.com)
- Then Senator, Now Vice President Biden On A President Taking Military Action (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Biden Comes Out for Impeachment (powerlineblog.com)
- Biden Circa 2007: Launching Attack Without Congressional Approval is an Impeachable Offense (breitbart.tv)