Washington is full of unusual alliances these days – Democrat Dennis Kucinich and Republican Dick Lugar on Libya, conservative Tom Coburn and liberal Dick Durbin on the deficit.
Now, Sen. Sherrod Brown, a liberal Ohio Democrat, and House Speaker John Boehner, a Republican from the same state, agree on the growing list of questions President Barack Obama should answer about the U.S. military operation in Libya.
Mr. Brown said Thursday that the sharply-worded letter Mr. Boehner sent to the president Wednesday posed “the right questions” in demanding to know, as the speaker wrote, “What is your benchmark for success in Libya?”
“I think the questions Speaker Boehner asked were generally legitimate questions—I mean, they were legitimate questions,” Mr. Brown said on MSNBC.
Read the Full story at Washington Wire – WSJ.
- Boehner Rips Obama on Libya (realclearpolitics.com)
- Boehner to Obama: ‘Hey, Could You Please Clear Things Up For Us” (conservatives4congress.com)
- Dem senator: Boehner asked right questions (thehill.com)
- Sherrod Brown: John Boehner Asked Obama ‘Right Questions’ On Libya (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dem senators: Congress may hold vote on Libya next week (hotair.com)