Editor’s note: James Carville is a Democratic strategist who serves as a political contributor for CNN, appearing frequently on CNN’s “The Situation Room” as well as other programs on all CNN networks. Carville remains active in Democratic politics and is a party fundraiser.
(CNN) — People often ask me what advice I would give the White House about various things. Today I was mulling over election results from New York and Nevada while thinking about that very question. What should the White House do now? One word came to mind: Panic.
We are far past sending out talking points. Do not attempt to dumb it down. We cannot stand any more explanations. Have you talked to any Democratic senators lately? I have. It’s pretty damn clear they are not happy campers.
This is what I would say to President Barack Obama: The time has come to demand a plan of action that requires a complete change from the direction you are headed.
I don’t know how else to break this down. Simply put:
1. Fire somebody. No — fire a lot of people. This may be news to you but this is not going well. For precedent, see Russian Army 64th division at Stalingrad. There were enough deaths at Stalingrad to make the entire tea party collectively orgasm.
Read the full story at What should the White House do? Panic! – CNN.com.
- Afternoon Fix: James Carville tells Obama to ‘panic’
- James Carville: Obama Should “Panic”
- James Carville Panic | Democrats 2012 | Video | Mediaite
- James Carville: Dems Are Panicking! : NO QUARTER
- James Carville To Obama: Time To Get Tough And Fire Some People