A police officer fired pepper spray into the faces of a group of seated students protesting on California’s UC Davis campus on Friday, unleashing a call by student and faculty for the university chancellor to step down. Duration: 00:44
The UC Davis campus police chief, and two other officers, have been placed on administrative leave after using pepper spray on reportedly peaceful protesters. In the incident, which was caught on tape, campus police in riot gear can be seen spraying more than a dozen protesters in the face at close range.
Two of the protesters were taken to the hospital.
- UC president “appalled” at UC Davis pepper spray incident
- UC Davis officers placed on leave after pepper spray incident
- UC Davis police defend use of pepper spray on Occupy protesters
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Occupy Wall Street Protester Threatens to Burn New York City to the Ground
- VIDEO: Protesters Throw Molotov Cocktails, Metal Pipes at Police in Occupy Oakland Protests
- Demonstrator Bleeds From the Head After Scuffle With Police
Editors Note: We would like links to contextual videos of the minutes before and after this video. Please place links in the comments section.