Carney: No More From Obama on Trayvon Martin

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney today said President Obama will make no further comments on the Trayvon Martin case.

“I certainly don’t think you’ll hear from him,” Carney said, noting that there is an “ongoing investigation” in the case.

Carney suggested the White House is now imposing a wall of silence on the matter. “He and I and others will refrain from commenting on it,” he said.

Carney did not say that Obama had erred in addressing the case last month when the president suggested sympathy for Martin and remarked that if he had a son, he would look like him. The case was also under investigation then.

Martin, who is black, was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who is half white and half Hispanic, during an altercation February 26 in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman has said he was acting in self defense, but many African Americans and black leaders charge he was the victim of a racially motivated attack.

Related Posts:

About Albert N. Milliron 6987 Articles

Albert Milliron is the founder of Politisite. Milliron has been credentialed by most major news networks for Presidential debates and major Political Parties for political event coverage. Albert maintains relationships with the White House and State Department to provide direct reporting from the Administration’s Press team. Albert is the former Public Relations Chairman of the Columbia County Republican Party in Georgia. He is a former Delegate.

Milliron is a veteran of the US Army Medical Department and worked for Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Psychiatry.

Be the first to comment