PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Ann Romney’s debut on Twitter couldn’t have come at a more opportune time.
Ann’s first tweet came just moments after Democratic strategist and DNC adviser Hilary Rosen lobbed an insult at Ann Romney, suggesting that the 64-year-old mother of five and grandmother of 16 had never held a job.
“Guess what, his wife has actually never worked a day in her life,” said Rosen, who was being interviewed by CNN’s Anderson Cooper about the “war on women.”
And then, just like that, a familiar name popped up on Twitter: @AnnDRomney.
“I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work,” Ann tweeted.
The Romney campaign confirmed to ABC News that the account belongs to Ann Romney.
Still the tolerant left lovers of diversity speak out – New Tone alert: Libs attack Ann Romney as ‘c*nt,’ ‘bi*ch,’ ‘wh*re’ anyone surprised?
- Adviser to Obama, DNC Attacks Ann Romney
- Rosen frequent White House visitor
- ANN: 'She should have come to my house -- it wasn't so easy'
- POLL: More than 90% stand with wife
- OBAMA: 'We Didn't Have The Luxury For Michelle Not To Work'
- FLASHBACK: Obama warned GOP: 'Lay off my wife'...