Breaking: Two explosions at Finish Line at Boston Marathon – Live Video
Boston Marathon Finish Line Boston Marathon Explosions
Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries. There was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the finish line. Another explosion was heard a few seconds later. via WSJ.com.
Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries. Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course. via ABC News
- Update 11: Boston has shut down cell phone service to prevent further detonation of explosive devices
- Update 10: The New York Daily News is reporting that a person of interest is in custody
- Update 9: CNN is reporting that other bombs have been found and are in the process of being dismantled
- Update 8: A third incident has been reported at the JFK Library. An explosion has occurred
- Update 7: The death toll has been reduced to 2, injuries have been reduced to 23
- Update 6: Two other devices have been found
- Update 5: NYC is deploying counter-terrorism vehicles around the city
- Update 4: reports now is that nearly 30 people have been injured from the explosion
- Update 3: live feed has a witness saying that at least 3 people have died. Still no indication of cause of explosion
- Update 2: We are hearing on the live feed that there are fatalities – Heard, “oh my God they’re dead”
- Update 1: Dozens of people seriously injured, Developing
Various News services are sending out their breaking news alerts
New York Times
A series of explosions were reported near the finish line at the Boston Marathon on Monday, according to several media outlets. One report quoted “some sort of incident” on Boylston Street, near the finish line.
The Boston Police Department confirmed that they were looking into an explosion, but had no further comment.
Local television also showed ambulances at the scene.READ MORE:New York Times
Explosions reported at the Boston Marathon finish line. Ambulances reportedly are speeding to the scene.
More on this story Fox News
A pair of explosions rocked the finish line at the Boston Marathon, injuring at least a half-dozen people, a CNN producer at the scene said.
The explosion came about three hours after the first finishers completed the marathon.
Follow complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV
2 Explosions Reported Near the Finish Line of the Boston Marathon [3:11 p.m. ET]For more on this and other breaking news go to ABCNews.com: http://abcnews.go.com?nwltr=bn
— theBravest (@theBravest) April 15, 2013
4 victims of explosions near Boston Marathon finish line are at emergency room at Massachusetts General Hospital. on.cnn.com/YXVW3Y
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) April 15, 2013
boston marathon explosion twitter.com/GlobeDavidLRya…
— David L. Ryan (@GlobeDavidLRyan) April 15, 2013