Saudi National Cleared in Boston Bombing
Fox news and CNN are reporting that Federal law enforcement official confirms that the Saudi national has been “ruled out” as a suspect in bombing.
The person questioned in the hospital was a Saudi national, who was reportedly tackled and held by a bystander after he was seen running from near the scene of the explosion, said a law enforcement source who spoke with someone involved in the FBI’s investigation. The Saudi man, believed to be a university student in Boston, is cooperating with the FBI and told agents that he was not involved in the explosions, and that he ran only because he was frightened. Investigators did not characterize the man as a suspect. No one had been arrested or charged as of late Monday night.
Fox confirms Saudi national cleared as possible suspect in Boston terror attack…
— RickLeventhalFoxNews (@RickLeventhal) April 16, 2013
Injured Saudi man cleared by authorities. Would be nice to see bystander who tackled him reach out and apologize. boston.com/news/local/mas…
— Arif Rafiq (@ArifCRafiq) April 16, 2013
& NYPost RT @arifcrafiq: Saudi man is not a suspect. If cleared, wld be nice to see person who tackled him reach out & apologize
— Laura Rozen (@lrozen) April 16, 2013