The Foot Hood Shooter Maj. Nidal Hasan called no witnesses in his defense and rested his case. Anyone still not think he wants to be martyred for his murdering 13 people?
So what should be his sentence, death or life in prison with hard labor?
This is CNN
The Army psychiatrist defending himself against charges that he killed 13 people in a shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, rested his case Wednesday without calling a single witness.
Maj. Nidal Hasan faces a possible death sentence, if convicted on 13 counts of murder and 32 counts of attempted murder in connection with the November 5, 2009, attack at a deployment processing center for soldiers heading to Afghanistan and Iraq.
The judge granted a prosecution request to recess the jury for the rest of the day so it can deal with the jury instructions and the reading of the charges.
Closing statements are expected to begin at 9 a.m. (10 a.m. ET) Thursday, with Hasan set to make a statement to the military jury of 13 officers who will decide his fate.
After the closing statements, the case will be handed to the jury.
- No defense from suspect in 2009 Fort Hood shooting (bostonherald.com)
- URGENT – Nidal-Hasan (wyff4.com)
- In Fort Hood, Hasan Rests His Case Without Calling Witnesses (npr.org)
- Judge Adjourns Fort Hood Trial Until Thursday (abcnews.go.com)
- Fort Hood shooting trial focus shifts to Hasan (foxnews.com)